Unit Test Saga

It's been almost a month since I last posted! I think it's partially due to the fact that I haven't had much interesting work to talk about. Mostly I've been frustrated in trying to convince my teammates why automated unit testing is important (and how to better use our horrible source control system). Most of the objections are the familiar "we'll be writing more test code than application code", "how can we test what we haven't written yet", "it takes too long", etc. I think I've finally convinced them of the benefits though, and we're starting to write automated tests! I'm hoping I can now introduce Test Driven Development and convince them to start writing their tests before the code.

I came across a podcast last week from Net Objectives that does a much better job of explaining the benefits of Test Driven Development than I ever could. I thought it was great and I hope it's useful to others as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Believe...

Performance Tuning JCAPS - Part 2

FRail :include